Surprise is an understatement. A big one.
After a few minor things clued me in over the past few days, I took a pregnancy test tonight. Granted, it was expired, but it was all I had in the cabinent. Um, what? A plus sign isn't that hard to read, but I sat in the bathroom for about 3 minutes studying the image on the test and comparing it to the results indicator on the box.
I finally walked out of the bathroom, with my heart beating outside of my chest. Literally. Rylie was sound asleep and Adam was watching TV on the couch. I walk over to Adam and say, "Um, apparently I am pregnant." We laughed about the absurdity of the whole thing. We were instantly overjoyed about what we hoped would proceed into a healthy and normal pregnancy. And shocked. Really really shocked. After all, we were in the process of adopting two children from Kazakhstan.
Slowly but surely the news is settling in. And surprise or not, we are THRILLED!
OMG!!!!! Holy Crap!! I didn't expect this at all! I'm commenting on this post because it totally cracked me up. I completely understand - I've never had a positive pregnancy test ever - not even an ovulation test (TMI). When my blood test was positive after IVF they called my husband and he told me I was pregnant. I understand your reactions to the news! What a fun shock, I'm so happy and excited for you all. I'm also glad you made sure the Kaz kids will have a family. Think of how happy you made that couple. Blessings all around. Congratulations - I can't stop smiling at your story. You know Rylie's video was a huge motivation to keep me going with our adoption process. Whenever I was ready to give up I would go to your blog (3 blogs ago)LOL and watch it again and cry. Then I would move on with my next step. SO Thanks and enjoy your pregnancy!!!
ReplyDeleteYAYAYAYAYAYAY! SO THRILLED FOR YOU! Mazel tov!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! So excited for you! Awesome surprise! Enjoy this time - every bit of it. It goes by WAY too fast.
ReplyDelete