While on the way home from her dance class today, Rylie told me that now that she is four, she can do so many new things, and that she is going to be the greatest big sister ever. This is her list of things she is going to do to take care of our baby.
1. I will tell the baby that I love him/her all the time.
2. I will kiss the baby a lot like I do now. (Side note- about 90% of the time when Rylie talks to the baby and kisses my belly, the baby kicks. No one else has even close to that much success.)
3. I will tickle the baby's toes and belly.
4. I will sing to the baby- baby songs and also do shows for the baby.
5. I will carry the baby but I must ask Mommy or Daddy first (word for word.)
6. I will feed the baby bottles.
7. I will teach the baby all of the rules.
8. I will tell the baby that Mommy is a nice Mommy and Daddy is a nice Daddy.
9. I will read to the baby.
10. I will buckle the baby's car seat.
11. I will bring the baby to school for show and tell.
12. I will teach the baby to ice skate.
13. I will give the baby a bath.
14. I will make sure the baby doesn't crawl near the stairs.
and that is all I can remember.... So sweet, such a love she is.
I know we'll have our share of adjustments, but Rylie is seriously over the moon for our baby to come.
after seeing her meeting Blake for the first time, I would say the love affair is on. PRECIOUS.
ReplyDelete